30.10.10

heavenly houseboat blues

I rode my old guitar to heaven
But heaven didn't feel too much like home
So I'm headed out on to them lonesome oceans
In my ruby-studded houseboat to roam

--Townes Van Zandt

Photobucket
(Outfit: Victorian slip, Victorian camisole, handsewn moccasins from the Taos Pueblo)

Hello all!
My interview at Q's Daydream is up!
When Quincy first contacted me about doing a little feature for her blog, I thought for moment she had the wrong blog! I've been reading Q's Daydream for a couple of years now and I consider it one of my absolute favorite vintage blogs out there. To get to do an interview for her amazing blog was an incredible honor, so thank you Quincy!! And welcome to my new followers : )

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful! That first picture is just awesome. I'm going to go check out the interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just popped in from Q's Daydream and I love your blog...and your style. I think I'll stay here for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I'm so happy you agreed to do an interview!
    Love these pictures :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! I found you through your interview! Your blog is pure and simple sweetness!

    fashionmademefunky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo perfectly beautiful! I found your blog a little while ago through Q's tumblr, and I am so glad I did – I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you guys for the kind comments : D
    You are all too kind; I'm glad y'all liked the interview!
    Q: I'm so happy you asked me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your blog as soon as I saw it on her blog! Your photos are so lovely! I adore your style :D

    Ayesha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way, is that a steel guitar you're playing in the first shot? My grandmother used to play one! it is my only good memory of her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Victoria... Yes it is!! It's from the 1940s and I bought it at an auction this summer. I'm not very good yet, but it has such a pretty sound.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The interview was great. You have excellent style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where do you find this amazing victorian stuff. It's so classic!
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I just say, your hair is so stunning. I would literally do almost anything for thick, dark, cascading, twirly hair like yours. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah: Junky old antique stores in the countryside are where I get 90% of all my clothes. Believe it or not, that slip was 8$ and the camisole, dated from 1880, was $15!

    Rebekka: Thank you! My hair is actually naturally stick straight and none too thick... I use rag curls at night 'cause I love the "cascading curls" look too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh gosh, you really have the prettiest hair!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Feels like I walked in to
    a never told fairytale
    before...

    xx
    me-travelleroftheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥
Speak right up---I read & cherish your every word!
Just keep things mannerly, please.
♥♥♥