1.6.11

green fields and a flowered dress

(1940s dress; Remix Vintage shoes; tooled saddle purse from a tourist shop in Mexico)

Well hello, dear readers! Today I've got another special dress to show off... this gorgeous 1940s frock I'm wearing was a gift from yet another sweetheart of a blogger, Susan from Living Vintage! I first met this wonderful lady through The Fedora Lounge (an aside to all you vintage girls: that site is a must-visit for all your styling and clothing questions). Just like pretty Miss Coco from my last post, the lovely Susan shares my love of Loretta Lynn, kitschy goodness, and fabulous mid-century fashions! When she told me she was cleaning out her closets and had a couple of dresses needing a bit of TLC I might like, I of course said yes!! And oh how lovely they are; in addition to this floral number, I also received a 1950s-does-Victorian emerald green satin party dress with about a million little buttons up the front and a bustle-esque ruffle at the back. SeriouslyScarlett O'Hara would kill for this dress, but it's all mine, hehe. They both fit me perfectly, which is quite amazing too. A big huge "thank you!!" to Susan; these dresses are very loved! And if you're not familiar with her blog yet, go and get acquainted; she's got the mid-century look down pat, and really lives the lifestyle too!




Now, I must add that May has proved to be a freakishly fruitful month in terms of gifted dresses ;-) This is the first time I've been given frocks, and to have both packages arrive around the same time was quite the stroke of luck. I hope I don't descend into sappy sentimentalism here, but it really warmed my heart to know both of these good-hearted gals thought of me! And on the subject of free stuff for nice people: if my blog reaches 200 followers, I'm going to have a little give-away drawing and pass some vintage something-or-another onto one of you! ♥

32 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, that dress is a dream! What a lovely gift. I really love your hair so very much too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely dress, it fits you like a dream! What incredible luck you've had with kind bloggers, people can be so amazing sometimes.

    I can't wait to see the emerald green party dress, I bet it'll look so lovely with your hair!
    Also looking forward to your give away, you are so close to 200 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look utterly fab - what a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow such a great gift! and your hair looks wonderful in these shots as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is beautiful, how lucky you are! I love this hairstyle too!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I think it was fate as I was going through my closets I just felt that those two should go to you. And the fact that they both fit is amazing! I am glad you will be enjoying them!!!! Oh and thanks for being patient as it took me what about 3 weeks to ship out after getting your address. Yikes. Thanks for the lovely write up and enjoy the dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the pattern and colors (it looks like the vibrancy really held up over the years!) You look like a flowery fruit salad! <--that's a compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! the print on that dress is gorgeous! and the colors! it is perfection and you wear it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these colours on you! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That first photo (all of them, but the first one in particular) is so gorgeous! And I love the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am SO jealous of how good you look with those AMAZING bangs! I wish I could pull those off, gorgeous. And your dress, gah! in love!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You dserve the dresses Dakota they suit you so well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you charming gal, I love this dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you ladies, as always, your words are just so sweet!! xoxo

    Isn't that print amazing?? It's just as vibrant in person, truly amazing it's held up so well seventy or so years later!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You're very cuuuteee and I'm in love with your style! Amazing blog!! :)
    I'm a fan now! :)

    Love,
    Lilian
    http://mylittleicecream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am dying! Everything about this dress is spectacular!! The 40s make me swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely dress! I'm a sucker for flower-print dresses. Yours is obviously very special--it has a great print and a flattering silhouette. It's so pretty I think it should be repro'd!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful dress! And it looks so great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so lucky, this dress is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looooove your shoes and your blog is amazing! Following! Follow back? <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. That dress is beautiful on you doll x

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty! That dress fits you like a glove! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my, you are so incredibly gorgeous! I was stunned to see you when opening the page. This dress is fabulous by the way, you look like a bombshell! :D

    Love,
    Aya of Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete
  24. The dress is beautiful! I really like the little sleeves, and do I spy some sort of cute green detail on the sleeve and neck edges!? I am so seriously jealous of your springy looking weather too :) Thanks for the tip about the fedora lounge, I will definitely be checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Check out how popular you are on tumblr :o)
    http://qsdaydream.tumblr.com/post/6079251049/sweetheart-of-the-rodeo

    ReplyDelete
  26. You lucky thing!! It looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That dress is absolutely adorable! I love your hair too. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  28. aww. I adore Scarlett O'Hara fashion. Gone with the Wind is my favorite book and movie ever!!! I could definitely see her in this dress!!! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look so beautiful in all of your photos!!

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥
Speak right up---I read & cherish your every word!
Just keep things mannerly, please.
♥♥♥