24.10.11

plaid rags


Just a little outfit post. Everything is '40s or '50s except for my grey socks and my magical mustard Remix shoes. The little tartan 1940s jacket is one of my favorite things in my closet; I bought it for $5 in high school, can you believe it? And it's still going strong. Now that it's officially chilly up here in the Great North Woods, I've been having a grand old time with layers and pattern-mixing galore, as you can see. Even my chiffon headscarf sports a jaunty rainbow zebra motif. I also applied this aesthetic to the ol' blog here: note the new autumnal-hued wallpaper!

Speaking of patterns, my duvet cover makes a nifty backdrop, eh? It's almost like I took these pictures in beautiful Kentucky horse country. 





Lately I've been wearing this dark violet lipstick a lot! It came out sorta brown-looking on the camera; in life, it's actually very dark. It's a nice gothic twist, for Halloween and all.  
Here's a more accurate (if rather grainy) shot from good ol' Photobooth:
Also, a little trick I've found: a slick or two of violet lipstick over your favorite blue-based dark red will result in the wine-colored flapper lips of your dreams.

Did you have a nice weekend? Mine was awfully dull (it won't quit raining!!), but I have a real swell week coming up. I can't wait to tell you all about it.

19 comments:

  1. amazing combination of clothes. I can't believe you paid so little for that great jacket!

    My weekend was pretty good! Went pumpkin picking with the boys. Otherwise it was a bit slow, but I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like a doll with that outfit, and ever so warm! I really love that lipstick shade on you, it's rather enchanting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Glad to have found your blog, You have such a fun style and such a lovely blog. Lots of love. Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful outfit, and I love the violet lipstick!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the jacket! It's so flattering on you. It'll probably last you a life time too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that jacket and oh those lips. Must try that out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great outfit, your jacket is adorable and fits you beautifully! What a nice find for a small price. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outfit, and your duvet cover! I think there's a pub near me that has wallpaper with a similar print x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful jacket, and love the layering. I have been playing with dark plum lipstick with red, you look ravishing wearing it! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely love your jacket, I've been looking for a similar one for ages. I also love the darker lipstick! It's such a great fall color.

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have Remix shoes. I think I knew this and said something along the lines of "I am very jealous," (but probably in caps and with lots of exclamatory punctuation) and just forgot about it. Or maybe I had some sort of self control and said nothing. I dunno. Either way, I am in fact very, very, very jealous. Especially since the color goes so well with that jacket!
    You're just too cute, I can't stand it.

    xxGracie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am totally feeling the plaid this winter! It's all I want to dress in--anything wool with that comforting plaid/tartan check...
    That lipstick looks amazing on you! I admit I'm too shy to wear something so bold, though perhaps someday I'll get of that.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you lassies!!

    Victoria, that sounds like such a delightful Fall weekend!

    Courtney Brooke, I've adored your photography for ages, it's an honor to have you stop by!

    Rachel, I'm actually a very shy gal myself, but for some reason I feel no inhibitions about looking bold, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my Lord that jacket is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah I adore your bed cover! And the plaid jacket, super bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhhh with each post you are becoming one of my favorite bloggers! Absolutely stunning look, and your make-up is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A jacket you'll be able to wear with so much and look fab every single time.
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    I'm having a giveaway...

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥
Speak right up---I read & cherish your every word!
Just keep things mannerly, please.
♥♥♥